The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is an ideal choice for anyone who has or would like to have environmental management responsibilities at work.
The course is assessed through an open book examination (EMC1) with a pass mark of 45% and a workplace practical assessment (EMC2) marked as either a pass or refer.
- Foundations in environmental management
- Environmental management systems
- Assessing environmental aspects and impacts
- Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
- Control of emissions to air
- Control of environmental noise
- Control of contamination of water sources
- Control of waste and land use
- Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
The environmental qualification will help you to:
- Justify environmental management in the workplace
- Recognise which workplace activities may be subject to environmental legislation or enforcement
- Assess environmental aspects and impacts, and evaluate existing controls
- Support environmental emergency planning
- Understand the importance of reducing environmental harm
- Outline the issues associated with waste and its management
- Explain the pros and cons of various energy sources and how to use them more efficiently
This qualification helps you understand how to manage environmental issues and this knowledge can be applied in workplaces anywhere in the world.
On completion of the qualification, you will be able to:
- Understand a range of environmental issues so that you can improve environmental performance and reduce harm
- Work within an environmental management system and contribute to continual improvement
- Recognise environmental aspects and associated impacts, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls
- Support decision-making with ethical, legal and financial arguments
- Understand the links between your organisation’s activities and wider environmental issues.
- 7 days; day Release
- One day per week
- 9am - 5pm
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
- NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
- NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Environmental Management.
- Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH Environmental management certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with environmental management responsibilities.
- It’s also perfect for those embarking on an environmental management career and gives you a stepping stone to success.