This course provides the underpinning knowledge to enable health and safety duties in the workplace to be undertaken more effectively. It is relevant for managers, supervisors, and employee representatives with health and safety responsibilities. This comprehensive course gives an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of occupational safety and health management.
The National General Certificate looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues.
When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements
- Advise on duties under the main pieces of UK health and safety legislation
- Help your organisation to manage contractors
- Work within a health and safety management system
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behavior
- Carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace
- Recognise workplace changes and their impacts
- Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system
- Take part in incident investigations
- Help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review
- 12 Days, day release or block attendance of 12 days (one week with a short break followed by one week and two days)
The course comprises of two separately assessed units:
Management of Health and Safety (NG1) Risk Assessment (NG2)
The following elements are covered:
Management of Health and Safety (NG1)
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk - understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
Risk Assessment (NG2)
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work place issues
- Work equipment
- There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the concepts contained in the syllabus.
- NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
- National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It's also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.
- Included in the price of the course are:
- Registration and exam fees
- Refreshments and lunch