The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work will benefit organisations who are seeking to implement a basic health and safety training programme as part of their workplace culture.
It will ensure employees have an understanding of the principles of risk control, reducing the numbers of accidents and incidents, resulting in costs savings for the business.
- This is a three-day course
- Delivered one day over three weeks
- Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline
The risk assessment element is of particular benefit to employees who are contributing to risk assessments in their organisation or anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job.
The typical people who would benefit from this qualification include:
- Team leaders and supervisors
- HR professionals
- Facilities managers
- Those working with young people in a training environment
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award has been accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). It sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) at SCQF Level 5 with 3 SCQF credit points.
This course covers:
- The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Work equipment
- Transport safety
- Working with electricity
- Fire safety
- Manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazardous substances
- The working environment
- No formal entry requirements, however students have to complete a multiple choice examination and a practical risk assessment which tests their ability to put into practice the knowledge gained during the course. Students need to be proficient in written English to successfully complete the assessments