The Professional Development Award (PDA) in Health and Social Care Supervision at SCQF level 7 is designed for those who are involved in supervising others in social services and related settings. It will enable candidates to widen their knowledge of specific areas of health and social care supervision.
This award is intended for workers who are required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as a supervisor in an adult care setting.
For registration, the SSSC requires supervisors to achieve:
- a relevant care-related qualification at SVQ level 3 or equivalent, and
- a supervisory or management qualification with a minimum of 15 credits at SCQF level 7 or above
The PDA in Health and Social Care Supervision at SCQF level 7 is for candidates who require a qualification of 15 credits at SCQF level 7 or above in order to meet these SSSC requirements.
- This course is delivered by open learning
- It runs over 12 weeks
- Group Award code: G9AM 47 (16 SCQF credit at SCQF level 7)
- Health and Social Care: Supervise People — F6CX 34
- Health and Social Care: Supervise the Protection of People — F6CW 34
- HNC Social Services
- SVQ 3 Social Services
- Currently working in a supervisory role in a health and social care setting
For more information access the link below
- The cost is for two Higher National credits - £240
- You may be eligible for ILA funding