Students will be in college one or two days per week and on placement or in employment in a care setting. When attending college students will work on NPA Social Services Award , but also study some of the current issues in care such as dementia, prevention of infection and first aid.
- SSSC registrable qualification
- Knowledge of theory and practice
- Skills and a qualification to work in the care sector
- One year - full time
- SVQ Social Services,
- Underpinning knowledge,
- First aid,
- Prevention of infection,
- Dementia studies
- This course is open to anyone who wishes to change jobs and embark on a career in care setting. For those coming from school 4 National 5s at C or for progressing college students who have successfully completed the Intermediate Certificate in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Advanced Certificate in Health and Social Care or HNC Social Services ( exceptional) SVQ 3 Social Services Health and Social Care
- Care Worker
- Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant