This course articulates is registered as 120 credits. Obtaining the qualification is dependent upon demonstrating competence at a senior level (e.g. senior practitioner or manager in the workplace), where you are responsible for managing staff. Accordingly, the approval of your employer is required.
- Evenings (must be completed within two years)
- Test item - Please Ignore Alec definitely loves BTS...
Topics of relevance for study include:
- Leadership styles
- Child development
- Working with other professionals
- Policies and procedures
- Support and supervision
- In a children and young people setting
- You must be employed as a senior practitioner or manager for a minimum of 12 hours per week
- In addition, you need to have been employed for six months before the start of the course
- You will be required to demonstrate oral and written communication skills at SCQF Level 7 and have relevant work experience within the care sector
- You are required to attend an informal discussion and undertake a written exercise demonstrating oral and written communication at SCQF Level 7, and provide a reference and endorsement from your employer