This programme is a blend on practical and theoretical units in order for you to allow an understanding of what is delivered within the construction area and what would assist you in gaining employment in a hand skill based trade.You will learn hands on practical skills within 4 practical subjects. You will attend college on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at either Glenrothes or Dunfermline campuses.
This course is primarily suited if you are looking to gain hand skills within the construction craft skilled area of the industry. (Ground works, drainage and general construction duties P & D, Joinery and Brickwork).
- This course is completed in one academic year and is delivered on 2 and a half days per week for 36 weeks.
- Understanding Industry
- Personal Development: Self and Work
- Brickwork: An Introduction
- Construction Operatives: An Introduction & Employability skills (Non assessed)
- Brickwork, C & J and P&D introductory units
- Various other construction units
One of the following:
- Two National 4s in English, Maths or Arithmetic
- Successful completion of the School College Partnership course Skills for Work: Construction Craft
(Fife schools only)
- Certificate: Access to Construction with lecturer recommendation
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You can progress to the NPA construction skills, depending on your other qualifications
- Construction trades or Construction technician routes.
- ALL PPE will be supplied by the college
- Group information session and application including a transition form