This Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) will give you the chance to develop the skills and knowledge needed to enter a career in the food and drink industry.
You will learn about developing markets for food products, the issues that surround new products from legislation to sustainability, and customer choices. This course provides real life experiences, work placements along with classroom activity, industry talks, and visits.
There are a wide range and growing number of career opportunities in the food and drink sector. This FA is the ideal route to gaining experience and a qualification to further your career in this industry.
- Team working skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Time management
- Food manufacturing: fundamentals of food science
- Food manufacturing: food production
- Food manufacturing: commercial and social drivers
- Food manufacturing: sustainability
- REHIS Food Hygiene: Elementary
- REHIS Elementary Health and Safety Certificate
- SVQ Food and Drink Operations – five units including interpreting data and productive working relationships
- Work placement
- Achieved or working towards four National 5s, including Maths and/or a Science subject
- Planning to study a minimum of one Higher whilst in S5
- An excellent attendance record in school
This course is suitable for S5 pupils.
You should be aware that this is a two-year course, including work experience in Year 2.
FAs are accepted by colleges and universities as part of their entry requirements. For full details, check out apprenticeships.scot.
Fife College will accept achievement of this course along with National 5 Maths and one Higher in any Science subject for entry to:
- HNC: Applied Sciences SCQF Level 7
- Food scientist
- Food technologist
- Food and drink research
- Product development manager
- Quality technician
- Technical manager
- Production manager