COURSE INFORMATIONThis distance learning course is for anyone who wishes to start a career in engineering or who may already be employed currently in the industry and would like to attain an internationally recognised engineering qualification. You will carry out mathematical solutions and apply engineering theory to a multitude of mechanical and electrical engineering problems and understand the parameters in which engineering systems operate.
- This is an 18-month online distance learning course
Limited attendance may be required throughout the duration of the course for the graded exam and laboratory experiments.
- Communication: practical skills
- Engineering mathematics 1
- Principles of engineering systems
- Engineering communication
- Engineering measurement and systems monitoring
- Engineering systems: Graded Unit 1
- Materials selection
- Quality management: an introduction
- Personal development planning
- Engineering project
- Safety engineering and the environment
One of the following:
- Two Highers: One at Grade C or above in Physics, Chemistry or Technological Studies and Higher Maths at Grade B or above.
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Engineering SCQF Level 6 National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering (including SWAP Access to Engineering).
- Another relevant engineering course at SCQF Level 6 (incorporating Maths Tech 1 and 2) accompanied with a good academic reference recommending articulation to a higher level.
- Industrial experience and/or other qualifications will also be considered.
- HND SCQF Level 8 Engineering courses
- Modern Apprenticeships (MAs)
- Technician level engineering posts
- Mechanical engineer
- Renewable engineer
- Systems engineer
- Engineering designer
Courses can be:
- Employer funded
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.