This course will develop your patisserie skills to an advanced level. It is a follow on course from Advanced Certificate: Patisserie and will focus on key aspects in the world of patisserie and pastry. The course will challenge you and develop your confidence both in practical and theory subjects within this specialist area of professional cookery.
- Supervisory skills
- Creative skills
- Problem solving
- Team working
- Communication skills
- One year full-time – including one evening per week
- Two years part-time
- Hospitality: Financial Control Systems.
- Food Hygiene Intermediate.
- Hospitality Supervision.
- Professional Cookery: Practical Pastry.
- Professional Cookery: Pastry Knowledge.
- Professional Cookery: Graded Unit 1.
One of the following:
- Advanced Certificate: Professional Cookery with a minimum of 12 SQA credits (8 at SCQF Level 6)
- Advanced Certificate: Patisserie with a minimum of 12 SQA credits (8 at SCQF Level 6)
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Professional Development Awards (PDAs)
- MA opportunities
- Pastry chef
- Pastry chef de partie
- Dessert designer
- Development chef
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Knowledge assessment
- Portfolio of dishes