This course offers a comprehensive range of skills in jewellery design and manufacture. There is a range of jewellery specific projects that are design-led. This will allow you to develop specialisms appropriate to your own interests as well as the current business environment.
You will be introduced to 3D design using 3D software, haptic control, and 3D printing. Hands-on, highly practical and rooted in traditional techniques, this course is the ideal core to develop your creativity and imagination.
- You will develop a range of practical jewellery skills and techniques to create beautiful pieces.
- One year full-time
- Stone setting
- 3D modelling techniques
- Work experience
- Small business
- Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires the full, successful completion of the SCQF Level 7 HNC Jewellery course with 15 SQA credits.
- For applicants who do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
- It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
- Jewellery design and manufacture
- Students may be required to purchase sketch books and materials for use in College and at home
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- At the discussion, you will be asked to provide examples of your art and design work