You will learn a broad range of make-up and beauty treatments, which will enable you to work as a beautician or fashion/bridal make-up artist on completion. You need to be hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate about make-up, you will spend a lot of time practising your skills. This course also has online theory assessments so you will need to utilise your study time to pass your units.
- Developing your interpersonal skills and confidence is crucial to being successful in the make-up Industry.
- Carrying out treatments on your classmates and the general public will prepare you for the world of work.
- Understanding time management through appointment schedules, along with personal presentation (you must wear your uniform and be ready for classes) helps to develop a good work ethic.
- One year, full-time.
- You will be in College 2 - 2.5 days per week, which may include twilight classes after 6pm.
- Eye enhancements
- Eyelash Perming
- Nail Art
- Fashion Make-Up
- Photographic Make-Up
- Camouflage Make-Up
- Product Knowledge
- Health & Safety
- Client Consultations
- 3 National 4s (must include English) or similar.
- Successful completion of SCP course: hair & beauty.
- Mature applicants with relevant experience will be considered following successful interview.
- Applicants need to be 16 years old by 31 October 23.
- AC: Fashion & Media Make-up, NVQ3 Beauty Therapy.
- Career as a beautician or in fashion/bridal make-up.
- Make-up Kit (approx £100 contribution required).
- Uniform (approx £40).
- Successful applicants must have uniform and kit organised & purchased prior to course commencing.
- Information session & group/individual interview - we want enthusiastic, hard-working and ambitious students on this course.