Are you a keen baker? Would you like to indulge in the art of sugarcraft? Are you or would you like to be creative? This is the course for you. This course is designed for those who are interested in skills development of cake baking and cake finishing. The course is practical in nature and enables you to develop and demonstrate creativity in the production of cakes and other baked items.
Classes are suitable for beginners and also ideal for someone who is looking to brush up on certain skills. You will learn skills such as stencilling, embossing, sugar paste work, piping, and modelling.
- Knowledge of methods of cake baking and finishing
- Knowledge of functional properties of ingredients used in production of cakes and other baked items
- Skills in baking and finishing in the production of cakes and other baked items
- Creatively applying finishing techniques to cakes and other baked items
- Working safely and hygienically
- Using specialist tools and equipment with dexterity and precision in routine and familiar tasks
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to evaluate both the product and the process
- 24 weeks
- Part-time (evenings)
- Sept - April
- Cake baking
- Cake finishing
Interest in baking and cake decorating.
Other short courses.
- £440 (there are no fee waivers available on this course)
- You may be eligible for ITA funding if you meet the criteria. Visit My World of Work for full information