This course is an ideal start for a career in professional cookery and hospitality. You will be learning, developing skills, knowledge and techniques in our purpose-built professional kitchens and bistros. Learning both practical and theory it will enable you to gain employment in the hospitality industry. Work experience will be part of the course. As a busy and vibrant department we are actively involved with events, including charity events, and as part of your learning you will be expected to contribute toward to these. On successful completion you can apply to Advanced Certificate Professional Cookery.
- Team working
- Problem Solving
- Customer Care
- 1 year full time.
- Attendance in evening may be required.
- Professional Cookery Practical
- Knowledge and Operations Stocks
- Sauces and Soups
- Pastry Food Service
- Work Experience
- Essential Skills
- 4 National 4's preferably including Communications/English, SVQ Professional Cookery level 4.
- Mature students with work experience and other qualifications maybe considered.
- In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- Commis Chef
- Junior Cook Food
- Beverage Assistant Chef
- National Certificate: Professional Cookery SCQF Level 6
- Advanced Certificate: Business and Events
- Four National 4s or equivalent (see our Qualifications Explained page for details) to include one Core Skills unit in either English, Maths, or Information Technology
- Certificate: Introduction to Hospitality and Catering
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- Black shirt, trousers, and shoes
- Locker – £10 (non-refundable deposit)