This course is intended for anyone involved in hospitality and catering, care sector, food retailing and food processing and anyone who is interested in food hygiene. It is delivered on line so you can study at any time, any where and ideal for those who are unable to come into College to learn.
You will learn basic food hygiene practices and principles that you can use day to day. It will highlight the causes of food poisoning, prevention and safe handling of food including legal requirements in Scotland. An essential course for anyone dealing with food.
- The course is delivered online and takes around six hours
- On completion of course you will be invited in to complete a multiple choice assessment. 30 minutes duration.
- You will be sent a Food Hygiene Handbook and Question of Food Hygiene for Scotland workbook
- Introduction to food hygiene
- Food poisoning and its prevention
- Personal hygiene
- The working environment
- Cleaning practices
- Pest control
- Food safety legislation
- There are no formal entry requirements, however the ability to complete a short multiple choice exam is required
- REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene
- £65 per person
- This course is eligible for ITA funding and may be available dependent on personal circumstances. If you wish to apply for ITA funding, please go to the My World of Work website