The aim of this course is to enable those employed in customer services, or related services, to improve their working practice by developing skills, knowledge and understanding of customer services in the workplace.
You can undertake this qualification in your own workplace or you can use the college facilities on a day release basis for the purpose of gaining knowledge and for the authentication of work based evidence. It is possible to start the course at any point in the year. The flexibility of the course also enables you to fit training around work commitments and your individual lifestyle.
The national standards for this award are set by the Institute of Customer Service and are accredited by SQA who award the certificate. The prime source of evidence must be provided from your workplace. The qualification is delivered as part of a continuous course with access at any time throughout the year. You will create a portfolio of evidence to prove that you have appropriate knowledge and understanding to carry out your job competently in the work place.
The SVQ framework is made up of seven units; two mandatory core units and five optional units. The mandatory units cover the following areas:
- H9YW 04 - Communicate in a customer service environment
- H9YX 04 - Deliver customer service within the rules
The five optional units can also be chosen, from a selection of units, to reflect the work you do in your own job. The qualification can be tailored to meet the needs of both you and your employer.
- You must be working in an appropriate job role
- Appropriate National Qualification units will provide the underpinning knowledge for this qualification
- On successful completion of this course you can progress to the SVQ: Customer Service SCQF Level 6 or a Modern Apprenticeship in customer service
- The SVQ course provides you with an opportunity to develop and improve competence in a customer service environment and will result in an up-to-date qualification, and so enhance career progression
- Successful completion of this course will facilitate career prospects within learning and development by enhancing skills in this area
- This course may be used to provide an entry route to a supervisory or first line manager’s role within a learning and development environment