The aim of this course is to enable people employed in customer services, or related services, to improve their working practice by developing skills, knowledge and understanding of customer services in the workplace.
You can undertake this qualification in your own workplace or you can use the college facilities on a day release basis for the purpose of gaining knowledge and for the authentication of work based evidence. As this course is predominantly work based it has no fixed length and it is possible to start the course at any point in the year. The flexibility of the course also means you can fit training around your work commitments and personal lifestyle.
The national standards for this award are set by the Institute of Customer Service and are accredited by SQA who award the certificate. The prime source of evidence must be provided your own workplace. The qualification is delivered as part of a continuous course with access at any time throughout the year. You will create a portfolio of evidence to prove that they have appropriate knowledge and understanding to carry out your job competently in the work place.
The SVQ framework is made up seven units; two mandatory core units and five optional units. The mandatory units cover the following areas:
- H9YY 04 - Show understanding of customer service
- HAOO 04 - Show understanding of the rules that impact on improvements in customer service
The five optional units can also be chosen from a selection of units to reflect the work you do in your own job. The qualification can be tailored to meet the needs of both you and your employer.
- You must be working in an appropriate job role
- Appropriate Higher National units will provide the underpinning knowledge for this qualification
- The Institute for Customer Service are currently designing a course for SVQ Level 4
- When this becomes available it will provide a natural progression route
- The SVQ course will provide you with an opportunity to develop and improve competence in a customer service environment and will result in an up-to-date qualification and so enhance career progression in this field