Start now for a career in digital technologies and computing!
Our digital technologies and computing courses have been designed to ensure that you leave college with the skills and practical knowledge you will need to be successful in this growing sector. There is a huge demand for digital skills, with an estimated 12,800 new entrants required every year in Scotland to meet the demand in this dynamic sector. (Oxford Economics Forecast data for Scotland).
So if you have the desire to work in an environment where no two days are the same, and the creativity to join the 90,000 people currently working in digital technology roles in Scotland, then there has never been a better time to get a qualification in Computing and Digital Technologies.find a course today
Or If You Are Looking To Change Career, Digital Technologies and Computing Could Be The Choice You're Looking For!
There are fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to pursue a career in this sector in Scotland and Fife College can help you gain the skills required to be successful. Take for example a computer games developer - the average UK salary for a games developer is £46,280 (according to LMI for all), and there are currently 20,665 working in games development in Scotland, with a further 5,000 required to meet the demands of the sector over the next five years. So what are you waiting for? Apply today and start on the path to a successful and rewarding career!find a course today!
Take Your First Step Towards A Digital Technologies and Computing Degree With Fife College
Did you know - an HNC is the same level as the first year of a university degree, and an HND is the same level as second year? This means that you could progress straight to second or third year at university when you've completed your college course.
If you would like to continue to study for a degree in Digital Technologies and Computing, once you have successfully completed your HND at Fife College, there are a couple of options available to you:
find a course today!
- You can progress on to our BSc Web Design and Development, delivered at our Glenrothes Campus, and complete your degree at Fife College
- You can take advantage of the articulation routes that Fife College has in place for direct entry to years 2 or 3 of a related degree at Abertay University, Edinburgh Napier University, Glasgow Caledonian University and the University of the West of Scotland, and go on to complete your degree at uni
Why study for a degree at college?
- Beginning your degree at college can be cheaper than going straight to university, saving you money on living away from home.
- Studying your first two years of a degree at college gives you more flexibility, as you finish each year with a recognised qualification. So if a job opportunity comes up you can return to study the rest of your degree at a later date with qualifications already in the bag!
- Class sizes at college tend to be smaller and provide a bit more personal support.
Starting your digital degree at college gives you options and allows you to take the path that is most suitable for you. So if you want study for your degree but are concerned about time, costs, choosing the wrong discipline, or committing to four years of continuous study, why not keep it local and start your studies at college? #ChooseCollegefind a course today!
"The HND is getting me used to the key features and components of what my future career. I'm currently using the Unity games engine to develop my graded unit game."
Meet Edwyn, studying for a career in Games Development.
Thinking about a career in Computing or Digital Technologies?
Computing – an industry for everyone
You can study a wide range of specialisms at Fife College, including:
- Computer Games Development
- Computer Games, Web Development and Animation
- Computer Games: Creative Development and Animation
- Computer Games: Software Development
- Computing with Digital Media (Web and Mobile Applications)
- Web Design and Development
- Mobile Applications Development
- 3D Computer Animation
- Digital Design and Games Development
- Filmcraft, Animation and Special Effects