This course guides you through the skills, values, and knowledge developed in the fields of Psychology, and Counselling, over the last 160 years. This course is for you if you work in Health & Social Care and would like to develop further your communication skills, and by those curious about pursuing a career in Counselling.
- Core counselling skills
- Congruence, unconditional positive regard
- Trauma informed communication skills
- Reflective analysis of self
- Objective feedback skills
- One year – one evening class per week from 6-9pm.
- Identification of various counselling “schools” and the main focus of their theories
- Application of appropriate counselling in relation to client needs
- Boundary issues
- Counselling process
- Extension of basic skills
- Application of concepts to self and own experience
- This evening class requires no formal entry requirements.
- Internal applicants will require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- HNC: Counselling SCQF Level 7.
- Students should check the eligibility for ILA.