This course will prepare you for careers in the accounting profession and finance generally. It will also provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to deal with the major issues you are likely to encounter in your career. This degree course is delivered at Fife College in partnership with Abertay University and you will graduate with a degree awarded by Abertay University once successfully completed.
- You will build on your understanding of, and ability to apply accounting concepts and standards to given situations.
- You will develop your analytical skills to present financial information in order that relevant business decisions can been made at an operational level.
- You will further develop your problem solving skills by providing relevant business solutions.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your communication and presentation skills throughout the course, as well as a chance to develop business solutions for real world companies.
- One year full-time
- Corporate finance
- Financial markets
- International finance and accounting
- Employability analysis and professionalism
- Advanced management accounting
- HND: Accounting SCQF Level 8 studied at Fife College.
- BA (Hons) Accounting with Finance SCQF Level 10.
- Other qualifications, for example professional accounting qualifications.
- Opportunities within accounting practices to utilise your financial accounting knowledge or within industrial settings to utilise your management accounting skills. Other opportunities lie with the finance, banking and investment industries.
- Each module has recommended reading which you are expected to purchase.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.