This is a short full time 18 week course for supported progression primarily designed for school leavers and young people. It gives you the opportunity to engage with college life, gain SQA qualifications at level 4 and help develop your confidence to progress further in your career choice and study options.
- The course is a short full time course 18 weeks.
- Topics can include:
- Local Investigation
- Personal development: practical abilities
- Personal development: self and work
- Personal development: self-awareness
- Personal development: self in community
- You will have the opportunity to experience a variety of curriculum options.
- Ideally you will be working at SCQF level 3/4.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate an interest in learning and an ability to work at SCQF Level 4.
- A positive ILR is required for internal applicants
- NPA Employability and Enterprise
- Princes Trust
- Step Up
- Possible progression to courses at SCQF Levels 4 and 5
- Various industries depending on what you want to do in the future.
- Guidance and support will be given by your course tutor and Employability Hub to help you identify vocational areas you may be suited to.
This course is intended mainly to help you to develop your existing qualifications to enter other courses and/or gain employment in a variety of jobs that require a basic education.
- Online application
- One to one interview