Have you always wished for an opportunity to combine work with something you love?
Here’s your chance! Get started towards an exciting career in data science within the world of football in as little as four months. Our short course in Data Science for Football will provide an introduction to the knowledge and skills required to extract data into meaningful insight which drives the club on to success.
The Data Science for Football short course is free and delivered online as part of the Edinburgh and South East City Deal Data Driven Innovation Skills Gateway Project.
- It is more than a simply a job, it’s your passion! Data science is empowering football clubs to perform operations behind the scenes better, faster and smarter.
- Simply look at the success of Liverpool Football Club, who have used data science to gain a competitive advantage and win the English Premiership for the first time in over thirty years.
- Teams like Liverpool FC use data science to measure player performance, gain tactical advantage and gain insights concerning player retention and recruitment.
- Now, more than ever more clubs are realising the impact and competitive advantages gained through data science so, now is the perfect time to get equipped with the knowledge and skills.
- Part-time (Online)
- 10 hours per week (Approx. 12 weeks)
- Gaining a National Progression Award provides the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence required to progress to either full-time or part-time further study at Fife College.
- Dependant on level, successful completion of your National Progression Award will enable you to apply for a National Certificate (NC) or Higher National Certificate (HNC) course in a related subject, which is the equivalent of year one at university.
There are four possible outcomes from your interview:
1. Unconditional offer: you have met all the entry requirements and your
place is guaranteed.
2. Conditional offer: your place is secured pending meeting the entry
3. Waiting list: You have met all entry requirements; however, the course
is full. If any spaces become available you may be contacted usually
around about the course start date.