This course has been designed to provide a basis for progression into Further Education or for moving directly into training in employment within the construction sector.
- One year through the School College Partnership
This course provide the ideal introduction to the construction industry and covers essential skills in a variety of construciton trades. It is a mixture of practical and theoretical topics including:
- Industry Fundamentals
- Personal Development, Self and Work
- Painting and Decorating
- Carpentry and Joinery
- General Building
- Health and Safety
- Successful Information session by a member of college staff will include a short Numeracy test. You will be expected to attend both sessions.
- The college will provide overalls and safety boots.
- Courses within construction or furniture.