In a broad sense this PDA will allow learners to advance their practice using
theoretical underpinning knowledge and practical application to support their
practice. Candidates may also use this qualification as progression into
A very significant element of the development process focused on the
relationship this Group Award will have with existing training programmes
and, more importantly the connection the PDA will have with recognised
- Develop and strengthen assessment skills
- Develop skills and confidence in managing behaviour that challenges
- Develop skills and confidence in promoting positive behaviour
- Standardise working practices
- Consistency in approach with service users
- Strengthen personal effectiveness
- Develop reflective practice
- Enhance employability as a practitioner in service delivery across a
wide range of sectors
- 18 weeks of 9 hours study per week
- You will learn how to promote positive behaviour, what are methods of intervention and what support can be offered to individuals who have behaviour that challenges.
- SVQ 3 Social Services or HNC Social Services.
- HND Supporting and Managing Services for Additional Support Needs.
- Senior Social Care
- Support Worker
- Identified through commercial contract with employer.