This course is designed to continue to support your pursuit of a career within sports coaching and sports development. You must have passed HNC: Coaching and Developing Sport in order to be enrolled on this course.
As with the HNC, many of the competences achieved will allow you to make other career decisions and follow different pathways within sport or other industries.
You will be involved in practical work with various groups/clubs in the community, with the focus being on intermediate level performers rather than beginners. If you have a keen interest in this area and already participate regularly in sport, then this is the course for you.
We encourage you to become a student member of CIMSPA which is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector. CIMSPA recognises the qualifications and expertise of health-enhancing exercise instructors in the UK. One of its key functions is to provide a system of regulation for instructors, coaches and trainers to ensure that they meet the health and fitness industry’s agreed national occupational standards. We encourage you to sign up as student member initially.
- One year full-time
- Fitness conditioning in sport
- Sports mechanics
- Improving coaching in sport
- Coaching of sports performance development
- Sports development and research
- Coaching and development sport: graded units 2 and 3
- Nutrition for fitness, health and exercise
- Strength and conditioning for sports performance
- Psychology of sports performance
- Inclusive sport coaching
- Managing a sport or fitness related event
- Managing volunteers
- HNC: Coaching and Development of Sport (with 15 credits)
- You will need a PVG check through Disclosure Scotland in order to go out on the placement(s) as part of this course
- Sports development assistant
- Football development officer
- Community sports coach
- Health development officer
- Leisure attendant/pool lifeguard
- Community physical activity development
- Youth work incorporating sport and fitness
- Lifestyle coach
- Active schools coordinator
- Fitness and sports related kit is required to take part in practical activities, such as trainers, tracksuit bottoms, training tops, and shorts
- You will be provided with a Fife College polo shirt, used for leading clients or client groups
Online Application Form including
- Personal Statement
- Evidence of active participation in Sports & Fitness (please provide details in your personal statement)
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.