Following on from the HNC: Sports Coaching and Developing, this course is designed to continue to develop and support your pursuit of a career within sports coaching and sports development. You must have passed HNC: Sports Coaching and Developing in order to be enrolled on this course.
- Health & Wellbeing for Sports Performance
- Performance Practice
- Observation and Analytic Skills
- Communication skills
- Supporting, Mentoring, Motivational and Role Model Skills
- Working effectively with different ages, stages and abilities
- Ethical Practitioner
- One year full-time
- Fitness conditioning in sport
- Sports mechanics
- Improving coaching in sport
- Coaching of sports performance development
- Sports development and research
- Coaching and development sport: graded units 2 and 3
- Nutrition for fitness, health and exercise
- Strength and conditioning for sports performance
- Psychology of sports performance
- Inclusive sport coaching
- Managing a sport or fitness related event
- Managing volunteers
- Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires the full, successful completion of the related HNC with 15 SQA credits.
For applicants who do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
- You will need a PVG check through Disclosure Scotland in order to go out on the placement(s) as part of this course.
Successful completion of the HNC/HND may lead to career opportunities which include, but are not confined within the following contexts:
- Sports coaching and/or activity leadership
- Active school roles
- Sports development
- Disability sports development
- Fitness/gym staff
- Leisure centre staff
- Swimming pool staff
- Health and fitness staff.
Employers may include the following: local authorities, leisure trusts, National/Sports Governing Bodies (NGB/SGB), local sports organisations, private clubs/hotels.
The practical nature of the course will equip you for work within the promotion and development aspects of sports or sports coaching itself.
- Fitness and sports related kit is required to take part in practical activities, such as trainers, tracksuit bottoms, training tops, and shorts
- You will be provided with a Fife College polo shirt, used for leading clients or client groups
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.