This course is ideal for you if you have an interest in media make-up artistry and wish to work in the TV, film, theatre and fashion industries. You will produce a range of media hair and make-ups for photo shoots and produce a portfolio of your final looks.
In year 1 you will focus on essential hair and make-up skills, 20th century hair and make-up and special effects make-up incorporating prosthetics. You will participate in photo shoots and produce a portfolio of your work.
In year 2 you will focus on producing character make-ups including life casting and prosthetics. You will also research and produce period hair and make-up incorporating wigs and participate in photo shoots. In this year you will produce digitally recorded evidence of your chosen final look for the graded unit.
- You will develop your skills and creativity in a variety of media make-up applications and hairdressing techniques including wig dressing.
- You will also develop skills in special effects, character make-up and prosthetics.
- This will include working on models and live projects.
- Two years full-time
- Classes can be timetabled Monday to Friday, between 9am and 9pm, and will include evenings
- Essential make-up skills
- Hair maintenance skills
- Ageing skills
- 20th century Hair and make-up
- SFX for TV and film
- Sculpting and flat mould
- Production studies for theatre
- Health and safety
- Make-up and hair for a photo shoot
- Promotional activity
- Graded 1
- Character make-up
- Postiche for TV, film and theatre
- Period Hair and Make-up
- Make-up, Hair and costume
- History of Hair
- History of make-up
- Life casting and mould making
- Production studies TV and Film
- Work placement
- Graded 2
You will be required to be a model for classmates for all practical classes and source your own models for assessments.
- All applicants must have achieved all units within HNC Make-up artistry to progress to HND Make-up artistry.
- We will consider external applicants who already hold the HNC Make-up artistry please email email@example.com to apply.
- Applicants should have a Qualification HNC Make Up Artistry.
- Applicants with appropriate and relevant industry experience may be considered.
- On Completion of the course, successful candidates can seek employment in TV, Film, Theatre and Fashion Industries.
- The kit for this course is approx. £500 per year.
- The kits are ordered directly from the supplier and paid for by the student.
- The college does not provide funding for these student kits.
- Group information session followed by individual interview