This course is ideal for you if you have an interest in media make-up artistry and wish to work in the TV, film, theatre and fashion industries. You will produce a range of media hair and make-ups for photo shoots and produce a portfolio of your final looks.
- You will develop your skills and creativity in a variety of media make-up applications and hairdressing techniques including wig dressing.
- You will also develop skills in special effects, character make-up and prosthetics.
- This will include working on models and live projects.
- One year full-time
- Classes can be timetabled Monday to Friday, between 9am and 9pm, and will include evenings
- Character make-up
- Postiche for TV, film and theatre
- Period Hair and Make-up
- Make-up, Hair and costume for a total look
- Promotional activity
- Life casting and mould making
- Production studies TV and Film
- Work placement
- Graded 2
You will be required to be a model for classmates for all practical classes and source your own models for assessments.
- All applicants must have successfully completed the HNC Make-Up Artistry with 15 SQA credits
- Career opportunities include - film, theatre, TV, MUA for specialist brands
- The kit for this course is approx. £500 per year.
- The kits are ordered directly from the supplier and paid for by the student.
- The college does not provide funding for these student kits.
- Group information session followed by individual interview.