Fife College's Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) will be delivered in specialist learning environments.
In the second year of the course you will also gain hands-on experience with an employer to learn valuable employment skills and behaviours.
Upon successful completion of a Foundation Apprenticeship, a range of progression routes are available including an accelerated entry to a Modern Apprenticeship programme or to employment.
Key features employers like are that FAs are:
· Industry led: Foundation Apprenticeships are specifically designed with employer input from planning and design stage and in the delivery of the qualification
· Tailored to the business: Foundation Apprentices work on real projects within a business
· Developing the young workforce: support the skills local Fife industry needs in our community
“With the growing shortage of skilled workers within the construction industry, GRAHAM recognise that we need to recruit and retain future employees and are more than happy to work in partnership with Fife College and their pupils - Foundation Apprenticeships not only benefit the pupils by giving them a qualification and valuable work experience, they also benefit employers who can potentially offer placements within their business - having young people come into any business can bring fresh new ideas and help shape future talent.
The young people that we had on work placements were a credit to the College and left a very good impression with the site teams after their work experience. GRAHAM believe that by giving young people earlier exposure to the world of work, we’re helping them develop the skills, experience and knowledge they’ll need when they leave school. Suzanne Stevenson, Social Impact Advisor”
Online applications now open!
In particular, employers support and value Foundation Apprenticeships to help them:
· Fill skills gaps
· Better recruit and retain specialist skills
· Better engage in new technologies such as social media
· Reduce recruitment costs
· Engage with local talented pupils within Fife
· Support succession planning in response to an ageing workforce