Study online at a time that suits you - flexible start dates available
Introduction to Cyber Security presents the importance of cyber security, data confidentiality and the best practices necessary for using the internet and social media safely.
The course steps you through security aspects in a broad, easy to understand way, explaining the value of securing data, both personal and business-related.
The course also exposes you to the increasing demand for cybersecurity professionals and the career opportunities available. The modules define what cyber security is, explaining why it’s important, the impact of cyber-attacks, and introduces the processes for securing data.
The course will be undertaken in an online environment using interactive content, activities, and lab exercises to reinforce learning.
Students will develop:
- IT skills
- Basic knowledge of Cyber Security and threats
- Problem Solving skills
- Time Management
- Personal Motivation
- Online Learning
- Flexible start dates available – start at a time that suits you from opening date of 25 October 2021
- Course to be completed by June 2022
The modules define:
- Cyber security
- Explaining why it’s important
- The impact of cyberattacks
- Introduces the processes for securing data
- No requirements needed for this course.
Students can go on to further study in areas of:
- Introduction to Internet of Things (Cisco)
- Cyber Security Essentials (Cisco)
- NPA in Cyber Security
- There are a wide range of opportunities across many industries for candidates undertaking this course.