This course is based on building surveying and will incorporate attributes of how to inspect building and to decide in what would be required to repair our maintain. The course itself will be delivered at the Stenton campus and will either be a full-time or a day release programme which encompass units which are suitable to survey a building.
There will be the added possibility of practically going out to inspect buildings to enhance the student experience.The course itself will be approximately 90 % theory and 10% practical and the assessment will be either open or closed book. This course would probably suit people who are looking to go into a building inspection type role.
This course will give you an understanding of what would be required to inspect/ repair or maintain a build which has encompassed some damage.
- The full time course will be complete within a year and the day release will take 2 years in order for you to gain your HNC Building Surveying.
- Building Maintenance Technology
- Building Inspection
- Building Services in Large Buildings
- Construction Materials and Specification
- Construction Technology:
- Construction Technology: Substructure
- Building Measurement and Cost Studies
- Building Surveying: Graded Unit 1
- CAD: 2D I
- Conversion and Adaptation of Buildings
- Construction Technology: Domestic
- Construction, Construction Technology: Specialist Systems
- One Higher at Grade C or above in a relevant subject plus three National 5s at Grade C or above which must include Maths
- National Certificate: Built Environment (with additional Maths for Construction Technicians unit)
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Civil Engineering SCQF Level 6
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 6
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
Building surveyor, Clerk of Works, Building inspector and more.
- information session group interviews, portfolio of work, personal statement.