This course is based on building surveying and will incorporate attributes of how to inspect buildings and to decide what would be required to repair or maintain them.
- This course will give you an understanding of what would be required to inspect/ repair or maintain a build which has encompassed some damage.
- The part time course will be completed day release and will take 2 years in order for you to gain your HNC Building Surveying.
- Building Maintenance Technology
- Building Inspection
- Building Services in Large Buildings
- Construction Materials and Specification
- Construction Technology: Industrial/Commercial Superstructure
- Construction Technology: Substructure
- Building Measurement and Cost Studies
- Building Surveying: Graded Unit 1
- CAD: 2D I
- Construction Technology: Domestic Construction
- Statutory Control
- One Higher at Grade C or above in a relevant subject plus three National 5s at Grade C or above which must include Maths.
- National Certificate: Built Environment (with additional Maths for Construction Technicians unit).
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Civil Engineering SCQF Level 6.
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 6.
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- HND: Building Surveying at another Scottish institution.
- Building surveyor, Clerk of Works, Building inspector and more.
General stationery including:
- Scaled Ruler, rubber & sharpener
- Sketch Pad - approx. £5
- Mechanical Pencil - approx. £3
- Coloured Pencils
- Information session group interviews, personal statement & reference to support your application from an Employer.