This 17-week full-time course (running from August) covers everything from looking after customers to job seeking activities. It is a great way to get back into studying.
The background to working in business, tourism, events, or customer service gained will give you the opportunity to develop your skills in the workplace and to learn more about working in customer facing industries.
The course will aid the development of transferable skills which are applicable to further study.
You will learn through a mixture of role play, practical work, and theory. You will be expected to participate and contribute in class and study outwith class as needed.
Assessment is through your coursework and both open and closed book assessments.
- Digital skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Employability skills
- Customer care
- 17 weeks full-time (September-January)
- Confidence building
- Event organisation
- Travel and Tourism in the UK and worldwide
- Preparing for employment: first steps
- Building own employability skills
- Responsibilities of employment
- Dealing with work situations
- IT and communications
- Customer care
One of the following:
- Three National 3 units
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Intermediate Certificate: Business, Enterprise and Customer Service (February-June)
- Opportunities to work in a number of different business, travel, events, and retail operations
- Opportunity to attend business industry recruitment days
- Opportunity to attend travel industry or airline recruitment days
- Modern Apprenticeships in the travel industry
- Customer service positions
- Opportunities in business and administration
- If practical visits are arranged, you will be required to make a contribution to the cost
- Online application
- Satisfactory personal statement
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise